Tuesday, February 9, 2021

The Science Experiment

Last week this little girl, who is growing up way too fast, came to stay with me for a few days.  We are experiencing a "polar vortex" and it's been extremely cold so we couldn't get outside much!!!!  The first full day she was here we made a Valentines day sun catcher and baked and decorated cupcakes all before noon!  Then we watched movies and started reading Charlottes Web (not sure if she's a bit too young for a big chapter book with few pictures...) and played a bazillion games of UNO. Anyway, we were both getting a bit stir crazy (read that as she was driving me crazy and we needed a change of scenery!  HAHAHA) so on Saturday we popped into town.  I had a few things to pick up and she wanted Skittles and M&Ms for a 'science experiment'.  She tried to describe what she wanted to do but I wasn't getting it so when we got home she did this: 



How cool is that???????  She watches a show on Youtube (I think) and this is where she got the idea.

One of the things I had to pick up was this vintage bread box.  I wanted to use it in my sewing room and have put some charm packs and layer cakes in it but it doesn't fit even half of my "collection" so I will try and think of something else.  I asked on one of my FB groups and there were alot of suggestions on how to use it decoratively....or to put patterns and books in....do they know how many patterns and books I have????????  ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†



And then there is this little guy......my little "Alien" as Hubby calls him.  He goes for his 6 week check up today already!!!!!  He changes every time I "see" him.  He sure is squeezable!!!!!


I get my new washing machine and dryer today!  Woot woot!  My washing machine has completely died (unrepairable) so it will be nice to have a set I don't have to worry about.  And with this extreme cold (the schools here have been closed....this is the second day in a row!  Good thing they are all set up for online learning!) we all worry about our furnaces.  So far so good here!!  ðŸ¤ž  Hubby gets home from work tomorrow and I am sure he will clear the snow from the driveway.....and I am hoping this cold will take a flying leap soon!!!!!!  

So today will be a sewing day while I wait on the appliance arrival.  The sun is shining again so that sure helps warm a person up!!!! 

Stay warm!!!  ðŸ§£⛅⛄ 

 

No comments: