Thursday, June 20, 2019

Stormy Skies

Hey Readers...can you believe it's past the middle of June??  We've had some wet weather.  The other night we got hail and it stormed all night long!!!


I had covered my plants but they got flattened by the weight of the hail.....I think they are better off then if they were pummelled.  We are to keep getting rain for a bit yet.......one day I know we will see the sun shine again!!!!!


Speaking of sunshine......look at these two cutie patooties!!!  I love these kiddos with every beat of my heart!  (ok corny but true!!)  πŸ˜πŸ˜



I have to STOP buying mugs but in anticipation of my soon-to-arrive babies, I bought this at Walmart last week:

life is purrfect!

Last Saturday I went to the Sylvan Lake Quilt Show and met a few gals from my old hometown there.  It was great seeing them again and I was happy they told me they were going to be in the area.  πŸ˜Š  I even won a door prize at the show!!!  πŸ’ƒ After looking at the quilts and shopping 😳 we went to a shop close by...which I had never been to but you can bet I will be going back!  Nuts For Bolts just outside of Sylvan Lake....in a red barn looking building....my dream shop!  Here the gals are posing in front of the shop for me before we went in:


I did more shopping there!  (hello!  They have a ton of Lori Holt!!!!)

A week from today these sweethearts will be delivered:


Oh I can't wait!!!!!!!  I really need kitten snuggles!  πŸ’—πŸ’™

I quit my job yesterday.  The co-worker I have been struggling with this year requested a meeting between her, I and the Vice Principal.  I should have refused, knowing it wouldn't end well, but I went along with it.  Well, it didn't end well.  The co-worker sat there and lied, exaggerated and was so phoney I couldn't stand it.  Today is my last day as I handed in my letter of resignation.  I will miss the rest of the staff but most especially the kids.  Yesterday was a hard day to get through but today will be even harder.  This would have been the last day we would be there with students so saying goodbye is always tough but knowing I won't see them around the school next year makes it even more sad.  I am really hoping tonight when I get home I will feel free.  My other co-workers are upset and I am hoping, if anything comes out of this, it will be that they will feel more compelled to voice their concerns and complaints about this woman too.  I just hope if/when they do that they have witnesses or photo evidence because this woman will lie until she is blue in the face.  
That is all I have to say about that.

So as I head off in this drizzly, rainy day to my last day at a job I love and am good at, I will try and enjoy each moment.  Tomorrow is the first day of the rest of my life.