May Flowers......well not yet!!!!! This was a couple of weekends ago. UGH!
Saturday Sunday
It did melt quickly but came back, on and off, over the last couple of weeks, but thankfully not as forcefully, and hasn't stayed. We've had all of the weather this month! Today has been warm but the clouds have rolled in, then left, then came back......all day long! I went to the basement sewing area so now I am FREEZING!! (I had to avoid my husband and the news channel he had on tv.....Trudeau's voice annoys the H**L out of me!)
My perennials are peeking through. I want to clean a bit more of the dead stuff out as I've left some for "protection"!! Dig up the dirt a bit and maybe add some new stuff.....hopefully tomorrow as it is supposed to be a gorgeous day!
So what does one do when it snows???? SEW!!! Found some "sewjo" (thanks for the name Pam!!) and got caught up with my Lori Holt Vintage Christmas BOM (because I knew the next ones were coming soon......they have since arrived.....two months worth= 8 blocks!) Gosh these 6.5" blocks have a bazillion pieces!!!!!
Here are all the blocks so far. I have to do some embroidery on some of the blocks and add a couple of buttons to a couple (I think the doll gets eyes and there are buttons for the ivy leaves at the bottom of candles).
And my sewjo continued! This was a kit I bought at the Red Deer quilt show. I love the simplicity and the feminine fabric. Now to quilt it (it is bigger than I expected. LOL)
My Dad came for a visit last week/weekend and so did Daughter1 and Lyla...oh and Gordon! Here is G-pa with Gordon! LOL
We had fun on Friday going to an antique mall in Airdrie and we also found a quilt shop I hadn't been to and I did NOT buy a thing!!!!!!! (pat pat!)
I am really counting down until the school year is over. I think the kids are ready to be done and I know I am! I hate wishing for time to pass quickly but only until the end of June! Who knows what next year holds......we don't know when we will find out as with the new provincial government comes a new budget and they haven't released one yet. I am not worrying about it though....what will be will be.




No comments:
Post a Comment