As I type I am sitting outside although the sun is currently hiding behind a big white fluffy cloud! I was out a bit earlier and weeded my flowerbeds and it was beautiful!! Hopefully I don't have to go back in for a bit!
I was busy yesterday....I went down to my sewing area and had plans of quilting the projects I showed you on yesterdays post but this pattern jumped out at me and I thought I'd give it a go! It uses 10" squares....and I even had squares for the plain so I didn't have to cut them. It went together quickly but I changed the pattern a bit so I could kind of do a bit of colour placement instead of making it all scrappy. You might recognize the border fabric as the same fabric I covered my pressing mat with and made the curtains for my shelving cabinets upstairs! I can proudly say, there isn't much left of this fabric now!!
The layer cake was a Primitive Gatherings "Floral Gatherings" I believe, that I have had for a long, long time. I think I bought it back when I worked at the quilt shop in High River. I love it and because I only needed 16 squares, still have a bunch left for another project....someday. 😁
After sewing all day I had a late supper (after first watching the Blue Jays get thumped and then the exciting Raptors win to move onto the NBA finals!) and decided to get the house clean! So, by about 10:15 pm the house was clean so off to the shower and hit the hay!
I woke up at 6:15 am to let the dogs out and thought I should get up as the sun WAS finally shining and just laid back in bed, snuggled with the dogs for a minute.....well, next thing I know it's 8:30 and that is really sleeping in for me!!!!!!!! I put laundry away (I didn't have the energy to do it last night!) and made my coffee.
This is one of the mugs I 'won' at an online silent auction from a rescue place in Calgary. I love it! The other mug says "You had me at meow". 😻 I'll take a picture when I use that one next.
Dreaming of my baby kitties!! Seems so long away until I can bring them home but that's alright. Will help be prepared and kitten proof the place again!
Sun is out and I'm off to start stitching! It's been a wonderful day!!!! 🌞🌷😊


1 comment:
Your quilt looks fantastic! The cats - well I think you’re nuts but who’s listening to me? :)
Post a Comment