Last weekend I started getting these skeins onto their little spools.......I had almost 70 of them to do and I was tired of them being in a bin and having to go through them every time I needed a color that wasn't in one of my other boxes. I discovered I had several duplicates 😳 so I still have a bunch back in the bin! What a job! I finally finished on Tuesday night I think. All organized!!!
It's been very nice as far as weather goes and I was sitting in the sunroom watching these friends pop by while I was organizing:
I think there were five of them altogether. 😊
Last week was beauty week...nails on Tuesday and hair on Wednesday. Good for another month!
(this looks like a "claw" picture....like I am also roaring! HAHAHA)
Hubby is home this weekend and we've been getting a ton of little things done around the house. Two more light fixtures changed in a couple of bedrooms; trim done on the stairs to the basement; changed door knobs; new rod for the closet in our room; I finally dug out the bin of jewellery I packed here from High River and sorted it (some went to the garage for the sale this spring) and these are the necklaces hung up:
I figure if I can see them I might wear them! I also found my earrings and painfully got a pair of hoops in.....the backs of my holes grow over! Had my ears pierced at 12 years old and this still happens!!! They are feeling pretty okay now!
Last night our neighbours, Ed and Marg, had their annual bonfire (they finally met Blair...he had already met Ed and Marg....so the rest believe that I actually have a husband now! 😂) Ed stacks wood all summer and then in February (usually) he has the neighbours over for a weiner roast and lights his pile of stacked wood. February was waaaaaaay too cold so they postponed it (a couple of times) and last night was perfect! It didn't take long to burn this pile down though!
What is it about fire roasted hot dogs that make them taste sooooooooo good????? (I had two!)
This weekend I also tackled the closet door in the kids room......first, three coats of magnetic paint and then two of chalkboard. I finished the last coat this morning....even before coffee!!!!! I have to wait three days before I can cure it (rub chalk all over it and then wipe it off). I hope the magnet part of it works....that paint isn't cheap!
Hung a couple of pictures in there too......I hope Hubby picks up my shelves today and can get those up as well.
I made a (huge) list of all the things we would love to do at this house. Some are cheap and just time consuming but some require an investment. I hope it can happen and in time for us to enjoy it for a year or so before we decide where our next home might be. Maybe this place will grow on us...........


1 comment:
❤️
Post a Comment