Monday, April 16, 2018

Thirty Years Ago, Some Sewing and an Assignment

Today is the 30th anniversary of marriage between these two.....yep Hubby and I!!  LOL  Wow, three decades have past full of ups and downs, births and deaths, trials and tribulations.  But we are still together and going strong!  As you move through the phases of life with your partner, being able to adapt and change together is so important.  From newlyweds, to parents, to empty nesters, to grandparents and everything in between.  What a ride!!!  But I hope we can continue to grow old together and endure whatever life has in store for us for the next 30 years!  


Just over a week ago a terrible tragedy occurred.  As hockey parents the realization hit that it could have happened to us many times over.  It breaks my heart to think of everyone involved in this tragedy and how they now have to continue living life...with or without their family members.  Husbands, fathers, sons, a daughter.......even those survivors whose lives have changed forever, both emotionally and physically.  I pray for them all.  #Humboldtstrong


Last weekend I actually spent some time in my sewing area.  The foot pedal on my machine stopped working....in hindsight I guess I knew something was going to happen as I remembered it not working here and there.  So I made this using the stop/start button!  I have yet to stitch down the rick rack and appliqués....I'll use my other machine for that.  Maybe at a sewing day this week.  This was a kit out of my cupboard from The Quilt Patch.  😊


Yesterday I spent the beautiful sunny day finishing an assignment I had due today.....procrastination is my middle name!!!!!!!!!!  The next one is due May 9th....lets see how close to that deadline I can get to!  LOLOLOL  


We have this week off for spring break!  It couldn't have come soon enough....most everyone I know has had their spring break already....attached either before or after the Easter weekend.  Today we are to get 10 - 15 cm of snow.  It is coming down....day before yesterday I was out in my t-shirt on the deck transplanting some houseplants.  I can tell you, 30 years ago today in Calgary was t-shirt weather!  I really, really, really want spring to come.....and the fear of flooding (in my mind) to be over.  Today will be spent getting stuff ready for an accountant we need to find.  Again, procrastination!!!!!!  ARGH!

No comments: