Follow by Email

Sunday, January 24, 2016

My New Love

My beautiful first grandchild has arrived.  She finally came into this world on January 22 at 7:38 am. She was 7 lbs 3oz and 19 1/2" long.  Her name is Lyla Eliabeth Sudar (Elizabeth is my middle name as well) It was love at first sight for me and her parents! In fact  I think those were the first words my daughter said "I love her!" as she was laid on her chest.  I was there for the delivery and was given the honor of cutting the cord (after squeamish Daddy declined). It was an amazing and awesome experience that words truly cannot describe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I really didn't think I could feel as much love for another baby as much as I felt for my own.....but I was wrong.  Being a grandparent is going to be FUN!!!!!  And to think we will be blessed with another one at the end of June!!!  I am in dreamland!!!!!!

Her first photo taken moments after she was born:


Finally able to hold her!! (Don't judge the lack of makeup. Teehee. 😆 It was a long night!):


Daughter2 has a dog named Gordon whom I babysat while she was in pre-labor and labor.  He gets along great with our dogs so it really was no problem.  Yesterday they stopped in before heading for home.  I think Gordon loves this new addition.....Daughter2 says he's all concerned when Lyla makes even makes a noise!
Here is when Mom came to pick him up....he's not really sad!  Lyla had kisses!!

I have had so many congratulation wishes from friends and family (except my one cousin whom I still haven't heard from..... hurts me deeply). My friend Kim even sent ME flowers!!!!!!  I truly am blessed in so many ways.  My life is not perfect but I don't think there is anything I would change.  I know I am so lucky.
 


More pictures:
 



One day I will catch up on my sleep.....as you get older I think it takes longer!!!!  But who cares.....it was all sooooooo worth it!!!!  Now to finish quilt 2 for baby Lyla!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jane. How precious. I am so happy for you. Enjoy this very special bundle!!☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is perfect... I was so lucky to hear one of her first cries lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to both you and baby. You are both so lucky to have each other! Enjoy. Best wishes always. ☺

    ReplyDelete