Last week I had a very long dental appointment. I went to stay with Son1, Jenna and Jude Thursday night and bright and early Friday morning, went with Jenna to the office she works at in Stony Plain. They fit me in on their Friday off which was very kind. I was in that chair for 4 and a half hours! 😩 But alot was accomplished and it needed to be done.
The best thing was getting to see this guy again:
This picture is a very good indication of his personality! 😂 Little stinker!!!!
After my appointment I drove home as there was a bunch of snow in the forecast for Saturday. Son2 arrived later that day. He is attending school in Red Deer for two months for sprinkler fitting. It's the only college in Alberta that offers the program so we are lucky he can just commute from here every day.
Since becoming adults, both him and Son1 have developed allergies to cats.......Alice LOVES him (all the animals do!)!!! He loves animals so allergy medicine it is! He finds Flonase works great. 😝 We are trying to convince him to go to school back to back for the next year (he has enough work hours) since he is on a roll! We will see.
One of the Facebook groups I belong to had a challenge....kind of a mystery project. We were to make the background one day and would be given the appliqué pattern the next. We were told that only the people participating and who posted a picture of their finished background would get the appliqué pattern. This challenge was the day I got home from the dentist and I really did NOT feel like sewing but I didn't want to miss out so went down, dug through my scraps and made the background. The next day she gave the pattern to everyone! 😆 I should have known she would do that!!!! I didn't really like my background when I did it, but when I looked at it the next day I thought it was okay so proceeded with the appliqué. Then, to challenge myself even further, I decided to hand quilt it since primitive projects don't have to be perfect! I got a bit carried away and quilted it very heavily! Well, I was watching baseball, basketball and hockey so kept stitching away!!!!!! Here is the finished project:
I really like it and have to find a place to hang it....I did forget to put a hanging sleeve on this one though and I have been very good at doing that!!!
Remember the light in our sunroom I wasn't thrilled about????? Well, I found a different one that also is a ceiling fan!!!!! Fingers crossed it gets put up today!!!! I think it will be awesome and to have the fan in here will be delightful!!!
(Picture of the box)
I bought some stain and sealer to see if I can finish my farmhouse table Hubby brought back with him from a skidooing weekend. It's the perfect size....a bit rustic (uneven boards on top but hopefully with placemats the plates in those spots won't rock back and forth too much! 😜) It was so hard deciding what to do but as my Dad said....stain first and if I don't like it I can paint but I cannot stain after I paint. Hubby brought back two old wooden chairs but Dad isn't able to get to his stash of fence boards (what the table is made out of) to make me a bench yet so I don't know what I will do in the meantime. With a bench I wouldn't need more chairs until we have everyone here....but then I would use my folding chairs. Anyway, I have to get the table finished first!!
Waiting, waiting, waiting for our new grandson to be born! He was due yesterday! Daughter1 has a dr appointment this morning so hopefully she gets news she is starting to dilate. She will be having a membrane sweep that I hope triggers something! Daughter2 was supposed to be on call to stay with Lyla while Daughter1 had the new baby but now she is busy this weekend. So I might be taking Lyla and not being in the room but that's okay......and it's supposed to snow a TON Friday and Saturday! It's been beautiful of course! Oh well, the little man will arrive when he should and we can't wait to meet him!!
Long distance friendships!!
Happy first week of March!





1 comment:
😀👍
Post a Comment