Saturday, August 17, 2019

Feels Like The "F" Word!


Good sunny Saturday morning!!!!!  Yesterday was a drab, COLD day!!!  It sure is feeling like fall.......UGH!  We had a frost warning last night!!!!  It's AUGUST!!!!  Good grief!

Daughter2 just text me asking how long to boil poached eggs....she bought a little silicone holder, similar to mine.  After I got her sorted it hit me.....I used to call my Mom about all those things....I remember, especially, about how to make gravy!  (which I still haven't mastered!)  Now, in this day and age Daughter2 could have likely just googled it and would have found 100 different answers and would have to use whichever one looked like it made sense and, through trial and error, find what worked for her......but she asked ME....her Mom.  Why is this worthy of a blog post?  I guess it's the month, coming up to the anniversary of my Mom's passing and it hit me that there are soooo soooo many times I have wanted to call my Mom....to ask her things; to tell her things; to just hear her voice......... I am thankful and blessed to be here so my kids can call me...or text 😊 when they have questions or just want to tell me something and I would assume (hope) they would miss that if I wasn't here.

(wiping tears away)....

I got the quilts quilted for my friend Pam's two new little grand babies.  Miss Chloe got hers yesterday!  Her Mommy loved it!!!!  (isn't that why we gift things....to bring joy??)






Miss Chloe and her quilt!!

Master Jack hasn't got his yet...soon!  Here is his quilt:


The fuzzy backing is brought to the front for binding.  I hope he and his Mommy love it too!

I made the mistake of letting these two out the other day.  Now, every time I open the door, little Alice goes running out!!!!  Argh, I don't know what to do!!!






I gave them a few new toys this morning so they are happily ripping around with them!!!!!!!  

The furnace (set to 65F...I can't figure out how to change it to celsius!) kicked on this morning!  Crazy!  Hopefully it warms up today.....I want to sew so I think I will bring my small machine to the sun room.....I want to soak up the vitamin D!!

Enjoy the day!!!

No comments: